If you have a company and want to promote your work or need a space to share your ideas, your presence on the internet is practically mandatory. Having a website that showcases what you do is critical, and that’s why we introduce you to WordPress.
This platform has become the main tool for those who work with advertising and anyone who wants to show their work and gain more visibility. And if you want to be in sync with digital marketing and offer the best for your business, you need to know it better.
Currently, there are several platforms that offer the possibility of creating and hosting pages; however, WordPress is the most used worldwide.
According to W3Techs, until October 2020, the content management system, WordPress, remains in first place. To learn more about this tool and how to use it best, check out this content and understand how it works and why you should invest in a website on this platform. Also, check out how you can hire WordPress developers in India!
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a free and open-source web content management system (or CMS), created in 2003 initially as a platform for blogs. It is also used today for creating and managing websites, news portals, virtual stores, member areas, and other types of pages.
And one of the main features of this platform is precisely its CMS, which aims to facilitate the processes of creating and editing content on internet pages without the need to use any programming language.
In this way, it is possible to create a complete website, insert texts, videos, and images, and adjust the layout and other functions, using only the resources offered and in a very practical way.
This intuitive and simple-to-use platform meets the core purpose of WordPress: democratize the publication of content and the development of websites and blogs, both for companies and individuals. For this, WordPress created a system based on the “freedoms that come with open source,” as it describes on its page.
How this tool works
Two types of platforms are offered: WordPress.com and WordPress.org. The first is the service offered for hosting blogs, and it is available to anyone in its free and paid versions but usually requires the help of a web developer to help with the UX development.
It has a wide variety of themes and functions included. Still, it has limited customization, does not allow adding features, and is more difficult to be found in a Google search since the page is under the WordPress domain — this is in the free version.
The second offers software in which it is possible to access an open-source platform that allows free customization and the installation of themes and plugins. Despite having a search engine optimization system and full control to make changes to your website, you need a server — usually paid — for hosting.
As we are talking about a website, WordPress.org is the best option. You can create corporate blogs, portfolios, and complete pages for companies with an easy-to-use, very reliable system that allows you to be found in Google searches.
In both versions, there are similar features; know some of them:
- Content editing — schedule, keep as a draft, including images, audio, and videos;
- Production of new pages — change tags, menu, in short, the entire interface of your site;
- Comment moderation — enable or disable comments for all or specific posts;
- Data tracking — it is possible to track your site’s access data;
- Administration of plugins and extensions — create, edit, add, or even delete;
- Permission management — manage each contributor’s levels, enable for certain roles.
Many functions are extremely useful and are present in both types, both WordPress.org and WordPress.com.
What are the benefits of using WordPress?
You may wonder if WordPress is all that, as a free CMS can offer so much functionality. Well, know that that’s all it is, and for that reason, we present the benefits of using it. Know more before you decide to hire WordPress developers in India:
- It’s free — you can create various types of websites with all the free features of the platform;
- Easy to use —you don’t need to master, much less know about programming to manage and publish content;
- Fast installation — the installation takes around five minutes, and as it is a platform known for its ease of handling, it is not necessary to have technical knowledge for this;
- Page interface changes — there are many options for themes and details that can be changed very easily, and most are available for free;
- Constant updates — the platform has an average of three updates per year, always bringing news to its users;
- Ease of solving problems — there is a forum with a high number of participants where it is possible to solve practically all your doubts;
- Open source system — that is, the source code of the software can be edited and customized by any user, always looking for improvements;
- A friendly relationship with search engines — the pages’ structure has HTML elements identified by search engines such as Google. To improve your SEO, use the Yoast SEO plugin;
- A friendly relationship with cell phones — in this case, we say that the page is mobile friendly, that is to say, that the site is optimized for mobile devices.
The benefits of using WordPress for web development are limitless. This is why several organizations that want to increase their online presence out in for this option quickly. All you need to do to replicate that for your company is to hire WordPress developers in India to give it a pleasing design and look that mimics your company’s ideas and thoughts.
Also Read Interesting Articles At: Today World Info.